Be On Time
Arrival Time: 7:30 - 8:05 am
Tardy Bell Rings: 8:05 am
8:05-8:20 Arrival is counted as a Tardy
After 8:20 am, student is counted absent from 1st period
No Check Outs Allowed after 3:00 pm
Dismissal: 3:25 pm
In the Middle Schools (7th-8th), the limit of absences shall be four (4) days of unexcused absences per semester or six (6) days total (includes excused and unexcused) per semester. On day five (5) for unexcused absences and day seven (7) for the total number absences, the grade for the semester goes to 60/F or the actual grade, whichever is lower.
In the Middle Schools (7th-8th), students must be present 75% of the class period in order to be counted present for that period.
- 1. Personal Illness
2. Death or Serious Illness in the Family
3. Observance of Religious Holidays of a Student's own Faith
4. Approved School Related Field Trips or Educational Activities
- 5. Special Circumstances such as Court Summons, Family Emergencies, Weather Extremes, etc., which require immediate action
and that the school principal deems necessary.
- See Page 8 of the PGSD Student Handbook for further information.